Friday, November 25, 2011

The Savvy App--What You Need for Black Friday!

Earlier this month, I had the opportunity to preview a cool new app (available for the iPhone and soon to be out for the Android) that is a bargain hunter's dream...the Savvy app.  It is a fabulous app that is perfect for the holiday shopping season and something you'll want to have ready at your fingertips today the ultimate shopping day...Black Friday!


It is a new app and is not available for all stores yet but there are a few retailers that you photography fans will want to take note of.....B&H Photo, Best Buy, Radio Shack, Fry's, and OfficeDepot.  And if you are going to shop for more than just camera equipment this holiday season, you need cute clothes too, then you'll want to check out their full list of supported retailers here.

Here is what the Savvy app can do........

The Savvy app allows you to scan the receipt of your purchase using your iPhone's camera or by manually entering the bar code information on the Savvy website.  If the item goes on sale, Savvy will notify you so that you can receive a price adjustment (according to the retailer's policy).   


Here is a super cute top I bought at Anthropologie (perfect for looking good while taking photos this holiday season) and if it goes on sale, I'll be notified so that I can go back to the store to get my price adjustment.



If this were not enough, the app also allows you to keep a Watch List and has a cool Deal Maker feature. I have several camera lenses on my wish list for Christmas this year, so this feature is perfect for me.  The Watch List feature lets you keep a list of items you may want to purchase and receive updates on them when a special or deal is available.   


The Deal Maker feature allows you to scan the price of an item you are interested in and you can tell Savvy how much you'd be willing to pay.   If the price drops to that amount, Savvy will let you know.  How cool is that? 


For example, I would really love. love. love. to buy the Canon 35mm 1.4 lens, but the price is a bit steep.  So I entered in the URL from B&H Photo and set my Deal Maker Price.  If the price drops, then I'll be notified by Savvy (not sure if the price will ever go that low, but a girl can dream)!

The Savvy app has just been released and has a few little glitches but I love the app and am so excited to save money with it this holiday shopping season!  

Disclaimer:  I was provided with a yummy brunch, an iPhone Savvy cover (which my new iPhone is now sporting) and some money to go on a Savvy shopping spree while trying out the app.  The opinions expressed are my own and I received no compensation for this post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate and read each and every one.