Thursday, February 19, 2015

Spider Pro Camera Holster Review

By:  Kristina Rust Photography

When I was at ClickAway last fall, I saw a few photographers using the Spider Pro Holster and was very intrigued.  It looked like a great alternative to wearing your camera around your neck or across your body.  Flash forward a few months and I had the opportunity to try one out myself and I have to say I really love it!



Now I must admit, I have not taken it out on a shoot just yet (I'm really excited to do so) but in just trying it out around my home and neighborhood, I'm very impressed.

What I really like is that the Spider Pro is a comfortable and secure way to carry my camera.  It's a nice change from having a strap digging into my neck.  I also love that I don't have to worry about my camera strap dangling in front of my camera and getting in the way of the lens.

The Spider Pro Holster is a belt system that you wear evenly across your waist, keeping the weight of your gear off your shoulders and back.  A metal plate attaches to the bottom of your camera and the attached pin slides into the holster and locks into place (this is very important...make sure it is locked into place lest you end up with some damaged gear).  The camera then swivels into position (which is upside with the lens pointing behind you) leaving your hands free.

While it felt strange at first (I was reluctant to trust that my camera really was secure hanging from my hip), I quickly got used to having my camera on my waist.  

Here is a video that provides a great overview of this very cool product!


 

The Spider Pro has a variety of accessories you can purchase such as lens pouches and adapter kits so that you can attach your Spider Pro to belts from Think Tank and LowePro.

If you are looking for an alternative to wearing your camera around your neck or across your body, I would highly recommend giving this a try.  If you have one already, I'd love to hear your thoughts.


Disclosure:  I was provided a Spider Pro Holster in exchange for this review.  The opinions are entirely my own. 

1 comment:

  1. I got to try one on at Photoshop World 2 years ago. I was impressed. Too pricy at the time but I'll reconsider now. Tell me, my friend and I are consideringClick a Away this years since its in San Antonio. What was your opinion?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate and read each and every one.