Monday, November 14, 2011

Getting Crafty Make Your Own Photo Display Frame

This weekend I finally put together this adorable frame that I saw on Pinterest.  The idea came from
Talia Christine's blog.  Her husband actually handcrafted her frame from recycled wood (what a guy!).

Given that my hubby and I are not that handy, I decided to try and find a cheap frame.  After searching the Goodwill, Michaels and Ross I finally found a version I liked at m the Burlington Coat Factory.

Anyway, I thought I'd post my version just so you could see how easy it is to create.

As I mentioned, I went to Burlington Coat Factory and found this 16x20 frame for $14.99.  I removed the glass and matting and attached twine (purchased at Michaels for $2.50) and strung it across.  I attached the twine with heavy tape (I was concerned that if I used nails, I might crack the frame) and using clothespins that I already had, hung up some of my favorite pictures from Camp.




I love this idea!  I think it is a great way to display 4x6 prints and to easily interchange them.  This would also be a great way to showcase holiday cards or give to a friend as a gift.  If you end up making one for yourself, be sure to share a picture with us.  Happy crafting!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the instructions! What a wonderful, versatile display. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, My name is Laura and I blog about tips for displaying printed Instagram photos. I have been doing lots of looking around to find unique ideas and I just want to let you know I love this idea! I love seeing the crafty ideas that people create to display their photos! thank you for the inspiration and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate and read each and every one.