Monday, June 6, 2011

Creating Textures

If you have been following our blog, you know that we have recently discovered textures and have become huge fans.  Textures can turn an ordinary photo into an extraordinary one in a matter of minutes.

If you are new to textures we highly recommend checking out the work of Kim Klassen, Chasing Dreams Photography, Isabella LaFrance, The Coffeeshop Blog and Florabella Collection.

And if you want to try your hand at making your own textures, you will definitely want to visit the tutorial found at Everyday Elements.  

This weekend, I thought I'd try making a texture and using the tutorial and brushes available at Everyday Element, I created "Latte".  You can download it for free here.   I was surprised at how easy it was to make this basic texture.   I have a long way to go before creating gorgeous, rich textures that can be found by the vendors I mentioned above but it was fun to give it a try.  




Anyway, here is a before and after photo using Latte........
BEFORE



AFTER

2 comments:

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate and read each and every one.