Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm Stuck on Pinterest

Sample of my boards on Pinterest
I recently found Pinterest via one of my new photo friends, Chris, who I met through the Camp Shutters Sister group (have I mentioned that I'm going to Camp Shutter Sisters?).   And needless to say, I have been pinning away.

In a nutshell, Pinterest is a social media site that allows you to pin images of things that interest you to  online bulletin boards you create. Here is how it works.  Current members each receive 6 invitations to send out to their friends and once you receive an invite you can download the Pin It tool to your toolbar.  Or you can sign up on their site to be on the waiting list.  I hear it takes about a week to receive an invitation.

Once you are a member you can create a number of different boards to pin to.  For example I have a boards that I categorized as: Photography Tips & Tricks, Photography Inspiration, a Food, Things that Make Me Smile boards, etc.    As I see various things on the internet I pin them to the appropriate board.

What is great about Pinterest is that it allows you to organize your favorite sites and information found on the internet into visual boards that link back to the site.   You no longer have to have files on your computer of images that you saved from the internet (which I never am able to find later) or laundry lists of bookmarks that never get organized.   And the best part is you can repin stuff that other people have found and follow their boards.  How cool is that?

Here are a few things that I found to be "Pinteresting":

I love Jason Lee's adorable and funny photo journal  of his daughters.  He is talented and clever!


And here is a pin that will link you to some great tips on using natural light......


And this is from my Makes Me Smile board.  Too cute!


And when you need an idea for a tasty cocktail, you'll want to visit my Friday Night Cocktail Night board---not all of my boards are photography related :)


Be warned, Pinterest is addicting!  I think it is right up there with playing with textures!  If you are on Pinterest and want to follow my pins, you can do so here.  Follow me and I'll follow you back.  If you are not on Pinterest and want an invite.  I have a few left.  Just leave a comment below with your email and I'll send you an invite.

6 comments:

  1. I'm following you now, but I just joined Pinterest yesterday! I requested an invite and it took exactly a week. Not bad! Looking forward to pinning with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have an invite. If not I can wait a week. Sounds very interesting and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kirsten:
    I just sent you an invite. Let me know if you do not receive it. --Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so cool. I would love to try this. I have so much on my computer. How fun.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Connie: Send me your email and I'll send you an invite. send it to momswhoclick@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your boards! Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate and read each and every one.