Monday, January 31, 2011

DIY-Camera Bag

Days after I put in the big order for my gorgeous turquoise Belle Epiphanie bag, I stumbled across Little Miss Famous’ DIY bag via I Heart Faces.

I was so impressed by her cleverness that I decided to make one myself despite the fact I had just ordered one!  Like shoes, a gal can not have too many camera bags (I think I now am up to 6–egads, do not tell my husband!).


So using the helpful tips from Little Miss Famous as well as numerous other tips from DIYers, (Google “DIY camera bag”and you will find a plethora of crafty, clever photographers), I made this sassy, patent pleather bag!



My total cost was $33–$22 for the bag, $7 for the foam, $4 for the material.   I already had the hot glue gun and glue sticks.  This was a total no-sew project. 
This was a great project for a rainy afternoon and only took me about an hour (and a few blisters from the hot glue gun--watch out!). While I doubt I would use this for a big photo shoot, it will come in handy when I go out with friends or up to The City and want to schlep my camera in a safe, padded bag.

Now, I’m eyeing the other purses cluttering my closet.   I have a feeling I will be making some foam inserts for my super cute brown Coach bag soon, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate and read each and every one.