Saturday, January 8, 2011

One Week Down, 51 to Go!



One week down, 51 to go.  Yes, I have completed a full week of taking a photo each day for the 365 project.  So far, so good.  I know I shouldn't be tooting my horn about one week, but I think it is good to celebrate each milestone no matter how big or small.

Here is what I have learned so far:

  • Do not wait until 7 p.m. to take my photo.  Somehow the day escapes me and right around the time I'm fixing dinner, I realize I need to take a photo.  I'm going to try and remember to take a photo in the morning or to stop what I'm doing in the middle of the day to grab my camera and take some shots.  
  • Let go of the idea that each photo I take has to be poignant or meaningful.  Early in the week, I was thinking that each photo had to capture a special part of the day.  That when I looked back on these photos that every photo should evoke a memory.  I've decided to let go of that notion and appreciate the fact that any photo I take no matter what the subject, gives me an opportunity to learn more about my camera and my craft.
  • Photos taken with my iPhone count.   Sometimes, the iPhone is the only "camera" I' have with me because lugging around my Canon 7D can be a pain.  So I'm going to let go of the fact that a few photos may not have the perfect lighting or that they may be a little grainy.  At least I took a photo. 
  • Visit Flickr project 365 Groups for inspiration.  These groups are amazing.  It is very inspiring to see the creative photos people are taking.  
  • Find what is unique in the little things.  A bowl of soup dripping with noodles is interesting (and makes me hungry) and a photo of my daughter doing homework tells a story (6th grade math is hard!).
I'm very excited about continuing my 365 Project.  It is just one photo after all.   One. Photo.

How is it going for you?  What have you learned so far?  Please let us know any tips/tricks you have to stay motivated, inspired and clicking.


1 comment:

  1. I admire your dedication and commitment! I know I could not pull a 365. Congrats on your first week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate and read each and every one.